Bargin Books, Games, Music, Movies & More

Monday, July 25, 2011

Masquerade

They say the eyes are the windows to the soul
And this I believe to be true
For a smile can mask such pain
But the eyes tell it like it is
I see your smile
Your teeth so bright
So white
But your eyes hold a hint of sadness
And I know something just isn't right
The words you speak stirs something inside me
Your voice lingers in my ears
I can hear your pain
And what hurts the most is there is nothing I can do
To extinguish the flames
Of a love that once burned bright

Now is just smouldering embers
I see you daily
But it's still not enough
I want to be the one
Who makes you smile from the heart
I want to be the one who makes those eyes gleam
To stop you from crying again
No more tears to dry
There's nothing left to fear
Take off the mask
Know that I am here

1 comment: