Bargin Books, Games, Music, Movies & More

Friday, February 24, 2012

Through Heartache

Greetings gentle readers,

I'm breaking the mold and posting something other than a story by someone else or an interview with our wonderful writers.  This little poem is for Rhiannon Elizabeth Irons.  For those that don't know, her heart was broken today by her boyfriend.  So while I work on my anger issues towards him, here's a little something I whipped up in hopes of making her smile.

Trent 


Through heartache comes words of support.
Through heartache comes the realization that
All you need is you.
Through heartache comes the friends
Brandishing the ice cream and chocolates.
Through heartache comes the realization
That you can do better.
Through heartache comes a chance
That you must take.
Through heartache comes a choice
That you alone have to make.
Through heartache only do we see
You being true to yourself
And being stronger than before.
Through heartache comes tears
Which are to be expected
And help to restore
You to your beautiful self
Which we've dearly missed.
Through heartache comes forward
A new and improved you.

1 comment:

  1. Trent, that was beautiful. *hugs* I appreciate everything you've ever done for me. You're the best. And fyi, I can totally picture you singing this : )

    ReplyDelete