Bargin Books, Games, Music, Movies & More

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Waves

The waves crash along the sandy shore.
I walk alone
Kicking up the sand with my toes.

The sky is lit as the sun sets
Leaving a pink scar
That stretches as far as they eye can see.

I hug my body
As the wind picks up
Whipping through my hair.

I watch as the sky turns dark.
The orange and pink streaks
Disappear on the horizon.

I've been around the world
And nothing compares to the beauty
Of the waves meeting the land.

The sounds of the ocean
Call to me.
Telling me I am home.

The waves crash along the sandy shore.
I walk alone
Wishing you were still here.

As I walk I begin to hum
The first song that comes to mind.
Our song.

I feel the sandy beneath my feet
And all I can think about
Is how much I miss you.

You were taken away
Gone too soon
Leaving my heart with a gaping wound.

The waves crash along the sandy shore.
I turn back.
They are calling your name.

And I smile.
As the waves crash around me
I know you're still with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment