Bargin Books, Games, Music, Movies & More

Friday, June 1, 2012

Darkness And Love

Ladies and gentlemen,
 
Every now and then I get an e-mail with beautiful works that move me.  The other day, a friend of mine, Jason Reynolds, sent me a couple of beautiful poems that I want to share with you.  They moved me and I hope they do the same for you.  Enjoy.
 
Rhiannon Elizabeth Irons
 
The darkness is all around
Encompassing
Used to embrace it
Now wishing it would go away
The brightest most beautiful light is you
But it's fading
Fighting to stay out of the shadows
Surrounding my heart
Making it dark again
Praying for death is hard when you've something to live for
A lifetime ago
How can it be I was foolish
Thinking of things that mattered not at all
Now it's so clear
I've no imagination
But I see what we could become
See me for who I am
Who I want to be
For you
You're so far away
You can't see
Come closer let your light shine on me
You can't see
I love you
 

1 comment:

  1. This was a little dark. Are you sure you didn't write this? Nice poem, I can feel the emotion behind it. Will Jason be joining the final curtain?

    ReplyDelete